PDA

View Full Version : New build although needs revision

treavorbell
10-24-2009, 12:42 PM
I am thinking about building another computer although I want to do a lot more reasearch this time. Here is what I have so far.
- Antec Twelve Hundred Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail
- ASUS P6T LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard
- GIGABYTE GV-N26OC-896I GeForce GTX 260 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail
- Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield 2.8GHz LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core Processor Model BX80605I7860 - Retail
- CORSAIR DOMINATOR 8GB (4 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMD8GX3M4A1600C8 - Retail
- Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
- Acer X223Wbd Black 22" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor - Retail
- LG Black Blu-ray Reader & 16x DVD Burner - Bulk SATA Model UH08LS10K LightScribe Support - OEM
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 1-Pack for System Builders - OEM

Subtotal: $1,517.91 ... That is a little bit more than I would like to spend although I would like a top notch gaming PC. If you have any suggestions on what can be changed for something just as good but cheaper please let me know. Or if I can change something out to make parts more compatiable with each other please let me knwo that aswell. All of this stuff was found on neweggg.com. And like always thank you for your time.

Treavor

RickyTick
10-26-2009, 10:47 PM
Wrong processor for that motherboard. Can't interchange LGA1156 and LGA1366. You may want to consider the P55 motherboard.

treavorbell
11-24-2009, 03:51 PM
Oh I did not even notice that. Thanks for pointing that out for me.

sprout69
12-01-2009, 06:02 PM
Hi RickyTick,

Can you help me?

I didn't realize the system on the original pages are old news already. Maybe that is what is causing my problems.

I built a system pretty much the way it is described on the oprning pages except the biggest difference I guess would be I bought Win 7 because I heard it has had good results.

Anyhow, got the system to work right from the start and I was very proud. Now I'm not.

A couple days after using the system I bought Symantec Norton 380 and Logitech Wireless Mouse and Keyboard. Got the keyboard and mouse to work and installed Norton and blah, blah, blah.

Now all of a sudden neither the mouse nor keyboard work nor do the CD drive or the DVD drive.

A wired keyboard and mouse do work. Hence, the ability to type this.

I am by no way a computer guy, so I have no idea where to look or what to do.

Can you help?

RickyTick
12-01-2009, 06:33 PM
I assume you mean Norton 360, not 380. oops :)

First of all, Wise Monkey is more of the techie around here, so hopefully he will jump in with some help.

Since Norton was probably a digital download, it will be difficult to uninstall it and try a re-install. I would have suggested something other than Norton, but that's ok.

Your first step should be to open the case and double check every connection to the motherboard and case and make sure everything is ok.

Are you using this motherboard? EP45-UD3P
What kind of wireless adapter are you using for the keyboard and mouse?
You could try to restore you pc back to a point that you know everything was working properly.

sprout69
12-01-2009, 06:49 PM
Ok, restored to earlier point and got the wireless stuff back.

Also installed Call of Duty 4. Restore point was before all of these things.

Did not try the CD or DVD drive yet. Afraid to. Afraid to do anything at this point.

sprout69
12-01-2009, 06:53 PM
I actually bought the Norton retail instead of download. I just put a CD in to see if the drive worked and it did not.

Haven't opened the case up yet to see if the connectins are ok. But they were working, so kind of wierd they just stopped.

I'm thinking it is some kind of conflict but what do I know.

sprout69
12-01-2009, 06:54 PM
I am using the EP45-UD3P MB and the wireless mouse and keyboard are Logitech.