PDA

View Full Version : Newbie question

bueller555
10-12-2009, 02:31 AM
I was helping a friend with a broken cd drive when she mentioned that she wanted to upgrade her pc. I've always wanted to build one myself, so this looks like a good chance to learn. She has an ATX case, a bit old and worn, but she just wants her machine to work. I never jumped into pc building because I never knew how to make sure that the motherboard would fit the case that I bought. How can I find out what board will fit this case? http://picasaweb.google.com/rmorita/PCBuild#

Lots of other questions to follow.

The Wise Monkey
10-12-2009, 03:09 AM
Well, any ATX or mATX board will fit in the case.

The 300W PSU might be a bit of an issue - check out our budget build recommendations. Depending on how much/little you want to spend, you can always make some modifications.

bueller555
10-12-2009, 08:14 PM
Maybe I'm assuming too much, but it appears to me to be an ATX case. Are you able to tell from the photos if I'm correct? I searched the case and didn't find model or brand information.

RickyTick
10-12-2009, 10:20 PM
If you plan to gut that case and build a new system from there, I would recommend just scrapping it and starting out with an all new case too. jmo

The Wise Monkey
10-13-2009, 02:53 AM
If you plan to gut that case and build a new system from there, I would recommend just scrapping it and starting out with an all new case too. jmo

This is a fair point - a new case will look a lot better, and only costs an extra $20.