PDA

View Full Version : First PC Build

soppy_84
10-05-2009, 05:27 PM
Ok so I have been reading this forum for a year now and I think I am ready to bite the bullet :D I have looked that the latest budget build sticky and wanted to see if the one with the video card would be suited for my purposes.
This computer will be used for all the normal things i.e. web, email, and so on. this is where my question is, my girl has gone back to collage to get a degree in graphic design so I thought what a great reason so build a computer because our laptop is over 5 years old... so would this build be adequate for her needs. I on the other had would like to play Flight Sim games and shooter games i.e. medal of honor, I however am not a big gamer so the games I would buy would be the ones that are on the clearance rack not the latest and greatest. I would like to in the near future be able to use my CPU with a Popcorn Media unit and stream video to my TV. I also would like to be able to have two monitors at some point. I am trying to build this on the cheap seeing I still have to get monitors and keyboards and softer ware for my girl’s home work. I am sure I have got given you all the info you need so please just ask and I will answer them as fast as I can. Thanks in advance for you help...

RickyTick
10-06-2009, 01:44 PM
Welcome Soppy,
I don't see any reason why the Budget Build w/video card won't do what you need it to do.

soppy_84
10-06-2009, 04:43 PM
great thanks,
question would if be over kill to switch out the CPU for
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor - Retail

RickyTick
10-08-2009, 08:20 PM
The Phenom II X4 would be a great upgrade to that system. Go for it. :)