PDA

View Full Version : New generation of Super PC?

tofu1998
09-21-2009, 07:35 PM
Hi, I built my first DIY PC months ago using the parts recommended by http://mysuperpc.com/ and I love it! Now that I've given that PC to my father I'll need to build a new one very soon!

I noticed that the new i7-860 has been out for weeks and it may be the heart of the new generation of "mainstream". I'm eager to see an updated "My Super PC" from your website (hopefully based on this Lynnfield i7).

Among the current Super PC parts you listed, I like the Antec Sonata III case very much: quiet, conservative, solid looking. I wonder if I can still use the same case together with its stock 500W PSU in an i7-860 build. Will its cooling capacity at the lowest fan speed still meet the needs? (any high fan speed setting will be too noisy).

It will be great if you can also recommend some solid mother boards and GPUs comparable to the one used in the current Super PC from the Core 2 era (I understand the price of the i7 parts can be higher since they are newly introduced yet).

kris77
09-22-2009, 06:36 AM
I read in another thread that Ricky Tick was going to try and work on this very soon. Just give them a few days or even a week or two and Im sure they will update the list. I was kind of sticking out buying a setup until they updated the budget build plus. Wanted to see the ideas they threw in there.

tofu1998
09-22-2009, 09:22 AM
That'll be great! Looking forward to it.
Thank you guys!

RickyTick
09-22-2009, 03:46 PM
I started the update to the builds. I should finish up this evening or tomorrow morning.
Thanks.

RickyTick
09-23-2009, 11:39 PM
All budget builds updated. :)

tofu1998
09-24-2009, 12:11 AM
All budget builds updated. :)

Great! Thank you!