PDA

View Full Version : Vista install problems

geojo2
08-16-2009, 02:23 PM
I have been trying to install vista 64 bit. It goes thru the install process untill it starts loading files, gets about 50% finished, and then is coming up with all different blue screen errors such as: pool errors, the last one was PFN_List_Corrupt.(this was the last error on 1 stick of ram

I just ran the WD diagnostics, did a full erase and reset to 0

After I get out of this window I am going to reboot the computer, set to "Optimize Defaults" Then get into the bios configure it to boot CD rom first, and then put my Vista CD in and reboot (i have vista 64 oem builders)

Right now I have one stick of ram in.... out of the two sticks

This is going to be the second time I tried it this way with no luck.

AM I MISSING SOMETHING HERE BY DOING IT THIS WAY!

I would like to see if i could get some advice before starting the install again.

I don"t know weather I damaged the Mobo by having it in and out 2 times or I am not configuring something right.

I have about another week to swap out the mobo, But I would hate to end up with the same problems later on and find out it was something else.

Any advice will be well appreciated

My Computer specs.

Case: Antec Sonata 3
Power Supply: Corsair 650W
Intel Core2 Quad 9550 2.83GHs LGA 775 95W
Gigabite EP45-UD3P Motherboard
G Skill 4GB (2X2 GB) 240 PIN DDR2 SDRAM 1066
WD 1TB HD
Zalman CNP 9500 Cooling Fan
GeForce GTX 260 Video Card
Samsung 22X DVD+R

The Wise Monkey
08-16-2009, 05:38 PM
PFN stands for Page File Number, so somehow the page file has been corrupted.

The most common cause of this is dodgy memory - try running Memtest86 from a live CD of USB stick to do a complete check of your RAM:
http://www.memtest.org/

geojo2
08-18-2009, 08:14 PM
Hi....First of all, Thank you for your knowledge and wisdom, It is well appreciated. Today, I mailed my Motherboard and Ram back to Newegg. The reason being, is that when I first installed the Motherboard, it was shorting out on me. (This was corrected) I think this affected both the Motherboard and the Ram. I called the WD and as far as they could see, it was not my hard drive. But my 30 day support and return options are running out on me. Plus my rebates. So, it comes down to either my Motherboard, Ram, video card are the problems. I did a MEM test and it stalled out half way through the test. I am expecting replacments to come in a week or so, and I will let you know how I made out.

My 30 day support is running out with WD so, what i have to, is what i have to do!!!!!!

The Wise Monkey
08-19-2009, 02:59 AM
Your hard drive is fine - if you were able to complete the WD diagnostics, then there should be no problems. Since the memory test froze, it was a good idea to return the motherboard and RAM as at least one of them was probably faulty.