PDA

View Full Version : SATA HDD not recognized

haggismuncher
08-02-2009, 06:43 AM
this is a great site and due to my old desktop (6 YEARS OLD!) crashing have now planted the seed of new build...will be bugging you guys with lots of really stupid questions in the weeks to come.
1. first question refering to my old HDD:
Maxtor SATA drive crashed took it out of Desktop put it into a enclosure to "look see" USB connected to laptop. Have R-studio software which has worked on a work computer in the past ,however the HDD was not recognized by my laptop "my computer" etc? do I have to load the drivers on my laptop for the crashed SATA drive?? I did have someone else pull some necessary files from it however i would like to have a llok as well if its easy using what I have here. answers on a post card please

The Wise Monkey
08-02-2009, 04:13 PM
Welcome to the forums. :)

Does the hard drive appear in the BIOS or in the Device Manager in Windows?

haggismuncher
08-05-2009, 07:42 AM
if the hdd is connected via a usb should it be 'seen" by the bios? excuse my misinterpretaton of what you were asking?

haggismuncher
08-05-2009, 07:57 AM
To answer your question regarding the hdd being recognized by the Device manager ...yes it does say USB device but not type etc.
And sorry... i have not looked in the bios when I had the hdd in the usb enclosure.