PDA

View Full Version : Ground wire on a GTX 260 Video Card

geojo2
07-31-2009, 03:54 PM
I have a Gigabite EP45-UD3P MOTHERBOARD. I am installing a GTX 260 video card. On the top of the card there is a female 2 prong wire that is supposed to go to the SPDIF-0 (S/Pdif out header) on the mobo. Does anyone know which pin on the mobo is the ground. Would it be the top pin or the bottom one???

zburns
08-01-2009, 02:01 PM
have a Gigabite EP45-UD3P MOTHERBOARD. I am installing a GTX 260 video card. On the top of the card there is a female 2 prong wire that is supposed to go to the SPDIF-0 (S/Pdif out header) on the mobo. Does anyone know which pin on the mobo is the ground. Would it be the top pin or the bottom one???
Does your evga book instructions specifically call this "female 2 prong wire" a ground wire? Is this a 2 wires into a 2 wire connector or is it one wire into a 2 prong connector with a jumper in the connector?

Not familiar with this board but your question is basic. If you have a wire or wires in a connector, the connector should be polarized so it goes in only one way. Likewise, the mobo has to have a male or female plug and it two should be polorized.

By my comments, I am suggesting that your description is not specific or complete.

I will look up your mobo ext and int connectors and try to add more.

geojo2
08-01-2009, 09:46 PM
I have the same mobo and the 260 also. I called evga.com(who I bought the card from) and they said it should be connected with the RED wire to the bottom of the mobo.(I have not connected my 260 as of today) "But that is here nor there". I am going to e-mail gigabite and confirm. If you find anything different, please e-mail me at geojo12@citlink.net