PDA

View Full Version : BIOS set up problem

Grave Scrooge
07-15-2009, 01:58 PM
I am following the High End i7 build verbatim.
I am doing my second boot up with the SATA drive installed. I am following Rob's book and I am stuck.

I am at the step where it stated to Selced the Intergrated Peripherals menu from the CMOS Set up utility.

No problem I do that.

Then Rob states to select the sub menu "IDE Function Setup" submenu. My screen has a lot of optiond but nothing that remotely looks like the menu Rob instructs me to select.

I'm lost as what to do at this point.

Grave Scrooge
07-15-2009, 04:57 PM
I'm completely ass backwards now. I am trying to follow Rob's book as well as look up help online. I don't know how to configure anything. One on of my two HDs is showing up...I'm totally lost...help?

The Wise Monkey
07-15-2009, 06:40 PM
You don't really need to change that much in the BIOS, to be honest. Just load the fail-safe defaults and you should be OK.

As you are setting up a RAID array, I would recommend checking out your motherboard's manual on details of which settings need to be changed. You may need to enable a separate RAID controller BIOS from the main one, which you can then use to set up the RAID array.

As for details on every BIOS setting, check out this link:
http://www.maximumpc.com/article/features/ultimate_bios_guide_every_bios_setting_revealed