PDA

View Full Version : mobo drive how to??

cando
06-10-2009, 10:27 PM
I've been reading the mobo manual and forums on how to load the latest drivers/bios for a gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R, do I just load them from the disk supplied, then go to website and they seem to have an auto driver & bois update(seems easy) or do I have to get them from the site first d/l to a disk then load the new ones first? And aHH what new ones?? all of them, some of them and how would I know; most forums just say load them. I go and look at them and just can't tell if I would select the right ones. I can't seem to find that detailed - how to any where. Any help/direcction would be great.
Thanks

The Wise Monkey
06-11-2009, 03:12 AM
What operating system do you have?

The best advice I can give is to always get the latest drivers that you can, and for as many bits of hardware as you can.

The Gigabyte auto-update service is pretty good, so that's definitely worth a try. If not, you should get the chipset, LAN and sound drivers, as well as the latest BIOS.

cando
06-11-2009, 08:29 AM
Thanks for the reply. I have XP Home I believe its 32 would 64 be available if the new system can handle it or no? So when I went to the giga site and entered XP32 it limited the choices, good, I didn't know that. So I would get the three current drivers and put them on 1 disc or do it 3 separate discs? thanks again.

The Wise Monkey
06-11-2009, 10:17 AM
You don't need to put the drivers onto a disk - just download and install them straight from your hard drive. The XP-64 drivers will not work on your system, so stick to the XP-32 drivers.

For the BIOS, you will need to put it onto a floppy disk or a USB stick in order to install it. However, I wouldn't recommend this unless you are really comfortable with what you are doing as it is possible to completely mess up the BIOS and break your motherboard.

cando
06-11-2009, 12:51 PM
Thanks, that was extremely helpfull. I would agree if the PC works I won't update the bois, even if giga seems to make it look easy. Thanks again.

The Wise Monkey
06-11-2009, 02:54 PM
No problem - let me know if you have any problems. :)