PDA

View Full Version : I am looking for a new CPU cooler for my SFF Computer

TheGeneralLee86
05-28-2009, 02:58 PM
I need a small but efficient cooling CPU cooler for my Thermaltake Lanbox SFF Computer. I would like to here some reccomendation for what cooler I should get and what you think of the one I would like to get and here is the one I am thinking of: zerotherm cf900 was the one I was looking at getting.

TheGeneralLee86
05-31-2009, 08:11 PM
Can someone help me please thank you very much.

The Wise Monkey
06-01-2009, 04:16 AM
Sorry, forgot about this post... XD

The Scythe Ninja Mini cooler is good and small, or the Zalman CNPS7700: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835118115

TheGeneralLee86
06-01-2009, 11:26 AM
I like the one you showed but I think I'm gonna go with the Zerotherm because it has a blue light that matches the one that came with my case. And runs up to 2800rpms. Also it is the same price as the one you showed me too. I'll tell ya how it works when I recieve it.:cool:

The Wise Monkey
06-01-2009, 12:21 PM
OK, cool - I've heard good things about the CF900, but let me know how it goes anyway. :)

TheGeneralLee86
06-01-2009, 01:14 PM
alright I will thats for sure!

TheGeneralLee86
06-03-2009, 05:32 AM
OK, cool - I've heard good things about the CF900, but let me know how it goes anyway. :)

I did recieve it and I have notice considerable cooling because when I did Orthos for 30 mins or more maybe don't remember exactly but it didn't go much over 50 degrees celsius and when I played crysis it never went above 49 degrees degrees remind you this wasn't constant temperature and it was the max it reached. Idling it once in a while about every few minutes it goes up to 42 or so degrees but not above that is the normal to have a strange jump like that?

Also it is usually sits at 31 degrees idle some times drops to 25 degrees every once in a while. I did not use Artic Silver I used OCz Freeze and it seems to work extremely well to and the CF900's fan I never hear it because of the HIS Radeon 1gig 4870 Graphics Card fan! LOL So it definitely is very quite for me anyways. :D

The Wise Monkey
06-03-2009, 06:42 AM
Those temps all look good. :)

TheGeneralLee86
06-03-2009, 07:32 AM
I Had to get a new cooler because I think the stock one broke from reinstalling it so many times and the temps weren't very good some times, Oh well this one works a lot better then the old one did thats for sure and I also think the reason for it jumping like it does every couple minutes is because of the graphics card because that definitely gets very warm and it doesn't help that it is such a small case either. The next one I build will be in the same case because I love the carrying handle and I like to take my desktop and laptop everywhere with me for some reason not sure why that is though.

TheGeneralLee86
06-03-2009, 07:35 AM
oh yeah forgot to mention I don't think i'll ever taking this cpu cooler out like I did the other one because I think the screws for the PSU holder in my case are getting wore out and I'll need to see if I can find new ones before they become fully worn out! LOL