PDA

View Full Version : ROB, Please help with these needs?

sniper911
05-24-2009, 10:17 AM
Good day Rob, How are you?
I have heard about the forum and decided to ask you these several questions:
1. I`m planning to build up a new desktop case only but not the tower model (any suggestions?) (the VCR reciver Style Media Center)
2. I want it to be priced between 1500$ and 1750$ excluding the OS and programs
3. I want to put Intel core i7 processor (965-EE) but its really hard to buy (999$ now) would it get cheaper on 10/2009?
4. Which is better 4GB (2*2GB) or 6GB (3*2GB) of ddr3, 1066 or 1333 MHz ram to get the best performance?
5. I want a 500 GB HDD SATA-II with 7200+ rpm
6. I don mind the sound card (clearly a decent motherboard will have a HD one)
7. I want the best graphic card 280GTX in it (after awhile maybe I will put another one in it)
8. I don’t know any power supply I would put to run these equipments
9. I have a PATA DVD Super multi drive (white colored to consider) so do I have to put a BD -HD-DVD reader or even a writer and how much does it cost?
10. Is it better to order them online or get them form a special mall or even a retail store?
11. I`m planning to get them on October 2009 so there is no rush for time
12. Do I have to build it on my own or to bring a new case from a brand name (HP - Asus - Acer)?
I hope you will guide me with the problems that I will have and if there is any modifications to do I am ready for it
Ps: I want this system to get a massive 6.5 or even 7.0 in the vista (windows 7) benchmark
I am studying for a civil engineering diploma (consider the very exhausting AUTOCAD 2010 and the engineering programs also) and I am a little gamer too (mafia – NFS mw - undercover)
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
yours sincerely

Rob
05-26-2009, 07:45 PM
Hi:

Prices and preferred components could change quite a bit by October My guess is that the core i7 will be the way to go by then.

You can use any computer case that's ATX compatible, but I don't have a recommendation for a non-tower case.

For power supply, you should use one of high quality that meets the minimum requirements of the video card.

I don't know how much a blue-ray drive will cost in October, but again I think it will be the way to go by then.

Also, make sure the motherboard you pick supports a PATA interface. It looks like PATA interfaces are being phased out.

For your price range, you should be able to build a powerhouse of a computer.

Have fun and I hope you stick around!

sniper911
05-28-2009, 10:46 AM
thanks rob but i really need to know their now not in October cause
i really have to build that computer badly
imagine that i am sitting in front of my nine years old computer writing this post
msi - 6171 mother board (two pieces and the pci interface is like a card!)
Pentium 3 - 1000mhz
512 pc133 SDR ram
80 gb w.d. ata-66 H.D.D
creative live (c400) sound card (4.1)
Lg DVD super multi drive (connected with one cable with my HDD!)
Intel 82810e graphics adapter (4mb up to 32mb!)
90 watt power supply and a receiver type (non-tower) case
impressed (no for sure)
what i am saying that i do need exactly the following
power supply (how much powerful for that card 280GTX??)
case (i am looking for those that you can see through them (plastic))

sniper911
05-28-2009, 11:35 AM
I was searching at newegg.com and found this case
Acer Predator AG7710-U7791A
it has the proccessor and the 280gtx card +12GB Of RAM!!!!
But it costs 2799.99$
so i will wait as i said till october