PDA

View Full Version : hard disk crash

rupakbarahi
05-23-2009, 02:04 AM
hi,
I have a problem with segate sata 80gb hard disk from couple of days. what actually its error is, my computer with 1gb ram, p4 computer got really slow and one day when i try to boot my computer, shows blue screen and it doesn't boot. Then I just remove the hard disk and put into another good running computer making it to slave but it also doesnt boot. BIOS detect the hard disk but can't boot the computer. Then I connect this disk as a external drive using USB cable then suddenly computer restarted and did not boot at all. I have got valuable photos, Data, and songs on this hard disk, Please try to solve my problem.

The Wise Monkey
05-23-2009, 04:22 AM
If it is a SATA hard drive then it has no concept of the master/slave relationship - is it an IDE drive?

Do you get any errors that appear when you try and boot?

rupakbarahi
05-23-2009, 08:40 PM
thanks for responding , I can not read the the error but it shows blue screen and last for just a mili second.

The Wise Monkey
05-24-2009, 02:40 AM
Do you have the original Windows CD? You can try running a repair on the OS.

Oatmealman15
05-24-2009, 09:15 PM
Hey as for being able to read the error message, when you are booting press f8 like you are going to try to boot into safe mode. There is an option to temporarily turn off the automatic restart. Try that and see if you are able to read the bsod error.