PDA

View Full Version : Predicting a problem

GoVols
05-07-2009, 08:10 PM
Hello everyone, I have decided to build my first PC this summer. I will be following the specs found on the homepage:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 (dual-core)
Ram: Crucial 4096MB (4GB) PC8500 DDR2
Video Card: eVGA Geforce GTX 260 Core 216 896MB DDR3 PCI-E
Keyboard and Mouse: Logitech Cordless LX 710 Laser

The only real difference is I will be using my HDTV for my computer monitor. There is no updated step-by-step instructions for the latest newer set of hardware that is recommended by MySuperPC, which is fine seeing that the updated instructions provided are similar enough. Now, I am not by any means a computer expert, but I am worried about two things.

1. Will the motherboard recognize my HDTV if I am using a DVI to HDMI cable?

2. (more importantly) Since the keyboard and mouse that is recommended (which I really like), uses a usb connection, (something that the previous wireless keyboards did not have) will the motherboard recognize my keyboard during the first boot. Or will there be drivers required to be installed?

If anyone has followed these latest MySuperPC hardware recommendations, I would be interested to know what happened. Thanks!

knestle
05-08-2009, 04:18 AM
You have it backward.
It's not a case of 'will your motherboard recognize your TV', but rather will your TV recognize your PC.
I am using a Samsung 32" A550 with a DVI to HDMI cable. The Samsung will not recognize my PC unless the PC is already turned on and sending a signal before the TV is turned on. Other than that it works fine.
Other TVs may act differently. But, in any case, the mobo/video card puts out a signal, it's up to the TV to accept/recognize the signal. Check with owners of the brand you plan to buy.

Have fun

GoVols
05-08-2009, 11:58 PM
Thanks, I'll check my HDTV. What about my second question? Has anyone tried using that particular keyboard on the first boot? Is there any way to know if the usb will register?