PDA

View Full Version : Installing OS Vista

Steve Herr
04-19-2009, 05:00 PM
I'm new here and this is a great site,learning lots of things.

I built my computer and was installing the Windows 32 bit vista home premium- OS and things were going fine until I got a error of the dvd drive,I didn't write it down, I do now, it stopped loading and the screen just stayed the vista blue and nothing would happen.
Tried rebooting and dvd drive would run for 1-2 minutes,windows is loading files, would be up on the screen and the screen would just go to the vista blue.I don't know if my dvd drive bit the dust or what.HD run continous, but nothing.Set bios first boot dvd and second hard drive.
All of this was purchased new.
Help

Case:Cooler Master Centurion 5
PSU:OKIA 450 watts
Motherboard:MSI K9N SLI V2
CPU:AMD Athlon 64x2 5800+ processor-Thermaltake TR2-R1 cooler
RAM:Kingston 4GB 800 MHz
Graphics card:EVGA 9500 GT 512MB DDR2
Sound card:
Hard Drive(s):WD Caviar 500GB Serial ATA HD SATA
Optical Drive(s):LG GGC-H20L

Monitor:Acer X193W+ 19"
Speakers:old used ones for now

Operating System:Vista Home Premium 32 Bit-oem

The Wise Monkey
04-19-2009, 05:59 PM
Do you actually get to the process of formatting the hard drives and installing the OS?

Steve Herr
04-19-2009, 06:43 PM
I was able to type my product key codes in, then after 3-4 minutes I had the error of the dvd drive,thats as far as I got.

Steve

The Wise Monkey
04-20-2009, 02:57 AM
It sounds like your actual Windows DVD might be defective - try giving it a thorough clean and see if that makes any difference.

If not, you could always download the DVD image from somewhere as you already have a product key so you won't be breaking the law. :)