PDA

View Full Version : SATA HDD sequence

tomween1
04-19-2009, 09:42 AM
I have a new Gigabyte mobo. I am assembling it and have come to the SATA HDD connections. My only question is this, the SATA ports are labeled as 0 - 5. In every mobo setup I've read it normally says to connect to SATA 1 for your first HDD. In diagram views (from the forums I've seen) they never show a SATA 0, as mine has.

So am i to start w/ SATA 1, as I've read or SATA 0. Or doesn't really matter at all, which port I use?

Thanks, Tom :rolleyes:

TheGeneralLee86
04-19-2009, 06:51 PM
I have a new Gigabyte mobo. I am assembling it and have come to the SATA HDD connections. My only question is this, the SATA ports are labeled as 0 - 5. In every mobo setup I've read it normally says to connect to SATA 1 for your first HDD. In diagram views (from the forums I've seen) they never show a SATA 0, as mine has.

So am i to start w/ SATA 1, as I've read or SATA 0. Or doesn't really matter at all, which port I use?

Thanks, Tom :rolleyes:
I don't think it really matters which one you put your HD SATA Cable in because I just put mine in, didn't think about how they might of had to go in and it worked and still does and haven't had any problems with it yet and have had it for a month or so now and am extremely happy with it thats for sure!