PDA

View Full Version : I keep getting a message everytime I try to edit my account

TheGeneralLee86
04-03-2009, 09:43 AM
It keeps saying I don't have the privelages or my account has not been activated and won't let me edit my account and put a signature at the bottom of each post either? please help Thanks!

RickyTick
04-03-2009, 11:59 AM
After a quick glance at your profile, I didn't see any settings out of the ordinary. Maybe Wise Monkey or Rob can take a closer look.

The Wise Monkey
04-03-2009, 12:04 PM
I don't think normal users are allowed to have signatures on their posts otherwise the forum would be full of flashing GIFs - I only enabled signatures for moderators so I could put the links to our recommendations there.

As for editing your user profile, what exactly are you trying to do?

TheGeneralLee86
04-04-2009, 08:19 PM
Just view my profile and it keeps saying that and the User control panel does work I just can't seem to view my profile anyways!

The Wise Monkey
04-05-2009, 07:49 AM
You should be able to edit your own profile, but I think that you can't view other users' profiles. I don't know why this is set-up like this - perhaps Rob can enlighten us. :)

TheGeneralLee86
04-05-2009, 02:21 PM
Here is the Message I keep getting when I try to view my own or others profiles! Just so youwould know exactly what I am seeing.
http://dukesofhazzardrules.com/images/themessageiamgetting.jpg (http://dukesofhazzardrules.com/images/themessageiamgetting.jpg)

Rob
04-12-2009, 03:17 PM
This can happen if your e-mail address (or possibly your user name) is being caught by the spam filters. At least, I managed to reproduce the problem using an e-mail address in the spam filters (namely a yahoo e-mail address).

You probably registered before I set up the spam filters, so you're still ok as a user. But if the e-mail address is one the spam filters would not allow as a new user, then this error occurs when you try to edit the profile.

I'm not positive that is the problem because I don't see why the spam filters would pick up on your e-mail address. The spam filter is fairly large and your e-mail address is pretty long, so it could be picking up on your e-mail address and I'm just not seeing the exact reason why.

I'll continue to look into it.

TheGeneralLee86
04-19-2009, 06:58 PM
This can happen if your e-mail address (or possibly your user name) is being caught by the spam filters. At least, I managed to reproduce the problem using an e-mail address in the spam filters (namely a yahoo e-mail address).

You probably registered before I set up the spam filters, so you're still ok as a user. But if the e-mail address is one the spam filters would not allow as a new user, then this error occurs when you try to edit the profile.

I'm not positive that is the problem because I don't see why the spam filters would pick up on your e-mail address. The spam filter is fairly large and your e-mail address is pretty long, so it could be picking up on your e-mail address and I'm just not seeing the exact reason why.

I'll continue to look into it.

ok thanks hopefully you can figure it out! Sorry just barely noticed this post been busy with my new TV Tuner!LOL

Rob
06-30-2009, 07:16 PM
Sorry to take so long getting back on this. The short answer is, I don't know why this is happening. Possibly it is because of the Yahoo! ID and/or MSN ID entries in your profile, both of which are banned domains.

That's my best guess. Your Username and e-mail domain look just fine. The spam filter is fairly large and your domain is fairly long, but I've checked it carefully for wildcard matches and I'm not seeing any.

Since you can't edit your account, if you like I could delete the entries you have for these fields and then you can try editing.