PDA

View Full Version : virtual pc 2007

steemo
03-11-2009, 10:44 PM
hello, i'm new to the forums and was wondering if anybody could tell me how to remove (completely) a virtual machine from virtual pc 2007. in the help section it states "You remove a virtual machine by using the Remove option on Virtual PC Console, and each virtual machine must be removed individually. To be removed, the virtual machine must be closed or in a saved state. When you remove a virtual machine, it is only removed from the list of available virtual machines. The virtual machine files, including the virtual machine configuration (.vmc) file and virtual hard disk (.vhd) file, are not deleted or changed when you remove a virtual machine." microsoft's website dosen't offer anything else (imagine that) nor can i find any info from google. is removing the machine from the console and deleting the .vhd and.vmc files sufficient? where do they reside?

thanks

john

The Wise Monkey
03-12-2009, 03:53 AM
When you created your VM (virtual machine) it should have asked you where you would like to save the virtual disks that need to be created. If not, I think that the default save location is My Documents\My Virtual Machines.

If you can't find them, then just do a search of your PC for files with .vmc in the name and it should find them all. Remove the VM using the console, then delete the associated files and you will have removed it completely.

steemo
03-15-2009, 01:28 AM
the win 7 looks cool but it just ran soooooooooo slowly in vpc, think i'm going to put it in a partition

thanks

john