PDA

View Full Version : not accepting hotmail OR gmail?

that1guy
03-07-2009, 09:41 PM
Hi, my name's Dave, and I just signed up for a new account. This looks like a really friendly, useful place to go for help when building a PC. But anyway, I had a hard time registering, and this is the place for constructive criticism, so here goes. The register page rejected both my hotmail email address and then also my gmail email address. In both cases, I got the distressing message that the administrator had banned my email address. Luckily, I also had a charter address, and that one was finally accepted. Is this on purpose, or some kind of bug?

The Wise Monkey
03-08-2009, 08:11 AM
Because these forums are so popular, we have had lots of trouble with spam bots registering, so Rob changed the permissions so that you could only register with your ISP email address.

I think that it would be better to just have an admin validate any account before they can post, as this would allow proper users to register with any email address, but we can prevent spam accounts from being approved.

steemo
03-08-2009, 05:42 PM
i had the same problem with gmail and also with yahoo. i had just discovered this web site a week or 2 ago and tried to register with no luck :confused:. from reading the threads i realized the site had been hacked recently and thought the admin. might of stopped accepting new registration :(. thanks to your post ( and a "help i forgot my login and password" request to my isp) i'm finally a member :) yeah! so...

thanks again