PDA

View Full Version : Freezing while Installing

UAT_Marth
02-28-2009, 04:35 PM
Hi! A friend of mine suggested that you guys on this forum would be able to help me with my computer problem.

My problems started after my initial Motherboard died. I thought oh well I can always get a new mother board nothing hard. So I did just that. When I booted up my computer after installing the new Motherboard it would freeze. I tried booting it in safe mode and could move for a bit but not much progress before it froze.

I went for help. My one friend told me that since I was using windows I would need to re-install windows, due to the new Motherboard. I had no problem with this either. My music and important files were on an external Hard Drive so re-installing windows was just a little more time for me. I tried installing windows and the same thing happened. At this point I thought maybe it's just Vista being Vista. So I went a purchased another hard drive and attempted to Install windows on that hard drive. Same problem.

I decided that the Motherboard I had Purchased was Dead on Arrival. I also ran into a small bit of money and decided to purchase a new CPU for the hell of it. I ran windows on the new Hard drive that I purchased and all seemed to go well. And then it froze again. I'm at a stand still and I can't figure out the problem. My only two guess would be my DVD Drive died on me or my RAM went with my original Motherboard.

Below are the Specs of the computer I'm trying to run.

Motherboard:
Intel: Gigabyte Ep45-UD3P

Cpu
Intel: Core 2 Duo 2.8 ghz

Video Card:
Nvidia 7800 GT

Hard Drive:
Maxtor 1 TB Sata

Ram:
Consair 4 GB (1 GB Per stick)

Attempted OS:
Vista Home 32-bit

All help and suggestions are appreciated.

The Wise Monkey
03-01-2009, 11:19 AM
What happens if you try and boot with only one stick of RAM?