PDA

View Full Version : e7500 vs e8500

JohninTn
01-30-2009, 07:56 AM
In everyday computing how much difference would there be between these two chips. This will be used in a non gaming pc. High performance business pc.:)

The Wise Monkey
01-30-2009, 09:16 AM
I would recommend the E8500 as it has a higher clock speed, higher FSB and double the L2 cache that the E7500 has. A higher FSB means that you can get faster RAM, and a higher clock speed means faster processing all round.

The E7500 is still an excellent CPU though, so you won't be disappointed if you decide to save yourself $40 and go for that one instead. If it is for a business machine, you might want to consider getting a quad-core CPU for better multi-tasking.

JohninTn
01-30-2009, 10:33 PM
the machine will be used for office, vista home prem or ulimate,I have to find out more about the back up in ultimate or use a seperate program like acronis.

I was looking at the q8200, but giving up .83 ghz, I find that hard to do even if it has 2 more cores. I have a 3700+ (2.2/1mb)so anything i get will be a great improvement. I really am torn about this. I have had a bunch of problems with it lately, none for the last three years and then boom. So its going. Everything I put in it is going to be bought for reliability and up time. Thanks for the help,
I wish you all had a reliability list of known reliable parts.

The Wise Monkey
01-31-2009, 03:21 AM
We have just such a thing - check out the recommended builds in my signature. :D