PDA

View Full Version : Question about ATX power cable routing

dskesse
01-14-2009, 09:57 PM
I've got question about power supply cable routing in an Antec Nine Hundred case.I am lookng at an x58 motherboard, either the Asus P6t or the GB EX58-UD5. Both have the ATX power connector in the same place on the board. It looks like the power supply cable would have to run right across the middle over the processor cooling fan. Would this be a problem? Are some power supply cables long enough to route around the cooling fan? I am just going to buy the power supply in the forum recommended build, the Power and Cooling 750.

Thanks and sorry if this question doesn't make sense. I've never assembled a computer.

DK

Cirndle
01-21-2009, 10:48 AM
Hi,

I troll alot, but don't post too much.

I have the antec 1200 case, freaking huge and my psu is bottom mounted, and upside down.

My power connector has to run over the motherboard, but even I had enough of it to route it around my Tuniq Tower 120 heatsink.

So, I think you should be okay, and even if you are not I am sure there is an extension you can buy for it. That PSU is modular, so should too much cable in most cases, really depends on more where you case allows you to mount motherboard vs power supply.

In the Antec 900, you might have a bit of a problem. I am not sure, as I have a bottom upside down mounted psu Corsair TX 750W, but my antec 1200 is a full tower, the 900 is a mid. If you do,

Here is a link to a power connection extension cable. This is a 20 pin, so if you needed a 24, just look for that one.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812198008

Hope this helps some. If you can read, don't have the shakes, and are a bit patient your computer build should go smoothly, if not come back here.

Cheers and Beers,
Crindle

dskesse
02-06-2009, 05:36 PM
thanks for the reply I didn't know about extensions but should have thought of that.