PDA

View Full Version : Trying to UPGRADE laptop.

treavorbell
01-01-2009, 06:13 PM
Hello my friends, I have a DELL Inspiron 700m LAPTOP computer that I am thinking about upgrading. I believe the best option would be to put a new Processor and high capacity Hard drive . So I am askin for specs on these items that would fit my PC. Also, I believe I have an intergraded video card is there anyway to bypass this card and put another one in? I am looking for a total PC overhaul basically. Although I am not sure what components would work and what would be the best for proformance. I am looking for more storage and SPEED. I like to play games if that helps ya out.

The Wise Monkey
01-02-2009, 05:56 AM
You will have a lot of difficulty upgrading a laptop as everything is fixed into place. You could add a larger hard drive if you were comfortable with taking the whole thing apart, and you could also add some more RAM. However, you will not be able to change the processor or add in a new graphics card, unfortunately.

treavorbell
01-02-2009, 03:28 PM
well i have already put more ram in. I had to pick up the keyboard just to get to the other slot. it was a little tricky but nothing i couldn't handle. Well you have pretty much answered my questions. I might just have to build another comp looks like. O well the last build was fun and I have learned a lot from this web site and experience since. I guess when i save up some more cash I will begin a new build but untill then I am going to have to make do with what I have. I just deleted everything off of this computer and brought it back to factory condition. Thank you for your help. You guys are always the ones to bail me out.