PDA

View Full Version : Where Have All The Beige Cases Gone???

XYZ
05-12-2007, 12:53 AM
Practically impossible to find a decent one nowadays, and I don't want to buy new drives in black to go with the ubiquitous black cases out there now. But, there is hope, if it is still available...
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/9954/antecth3.gif

Rob
05-15-2007, 09:45 AM
Nice. It looks a lot like the NSK 6500 I used. A very nice case. Too bad they put those two ventilation grills on the side - as does the NSK 6500. I don't think they're very useful for cooling, but they can add to the noise. That's a nitpick, though, because the fans widely used today tend to be pretty quiet.

XYZ
05-15-2007, 08:51 PM
Unfortunately, the case appears to be unavailable now. The order I placed for it was canceled, and every other place that shows it it is out of stock on it. Wish they would take it off of their websites if it is not available anymore...clowns.

DemonicDerek
05-20-2007, 11:07 PM
The beige color is disappearing because a lot of people are begining to dislike it now. I honestly like the black/silver looks they are cool!

XYZ
05-20-2007, 11:30 PM
Yeah, but I don't want to have to get rid of perfectly good CD/DVD/floppy drives in beige in order to match up with the black cases that are so prevalent now.

Rob
05-21-2007, 08:52 PM
A lot of drives now come with different colored faceplates, which in theory is a big help. But the time I tried swapping out a faceplate on a DVD drive I finally decided it wasn't worth the trouble.