PDA

View Full Version : My qualifications

buenaventura_d
12-31-2008, 07:34 PM
I'm no longer an avid gamer, but am planning on building a machine for resource intensive adobe programs and video editing programs like final cut. I'd really like the keep the thing at around $700, sans monitor, keyboard and other peripherals. Since ya'll's budget format go about $300 beyond this price point, which corners might I be able to cut with adversely affecting performance?

thanks in advance!

buenaventura_d
01-07-2009, 07:13 PM
???

Barrister73
01-07-2009, 09:31 PM
I'm no longer an avid gamer, but am planning on building a machine for resource intensive adobe programs and video editing programs like final cut. I'd really like the keep the thing at around $700, sans monitor, keyboard and other peripherals. Since ya'll's budget format go about $300 beyond this price point, which corners might I be able to cut with adversely affecting performance?

thanks in advance!

I'll assume you meant the opposite of what you said.

The experts will needs a bit more information in order to help you. What components do you believe you need? I take it that you are interested in;

Case,
Power Supply,
CPU,
Hard Drive(s)
Video Card
Disk Drive

Do you also need an operating system, or do you already have one you can reuse?

Do you require an additional sound card?

Is a DVD burner enough, or do you require Blu-Ray?

The Wise Monkey
01-08-2009, 03:28 AM
Our budget build currently stand at around $600, so you might want to check it out - just click the link in my signature.

buenaventura_d
01-08-2009, 09:59 PM
i imagine i need at least "sweet spot" video card, cpu, and ram. the price point needn't include keyboard, mouse, monitor or OS - i've got them covered. i don't need an additional sound card, or blu ray, though the latter sounds DOES sound titillating.

thanks in advance / sorry for redundant posts!,

v.