PDA

View Full Version : found my problem but now what?

ckman
12-05-2008, 02:27 PM
Thanks to all the posts I read on here I discovered that my motherboard was grounding out. I set it on cardboard and my display came up. I used the red washers that came with the case and I can't get it to work when screwed down. The ports in the back have to touch the metal around the openings. Any suggestions? And also I'm worried about the cd for the HD. I downloaded the program but didn't extract it and put it on CD yet.Maybe someone can clarify that process also. Thanks in advance, you guys are great! ckman.

ckman
12-06-2008, 06:50 AM
I fixed the ground problem with the motherboard and did my first boot but without the video card in. When I put my card in I get just one beep but no display.

ckman
12-06-2008, 08:26 AM
Just wanted to add that the fan on my video card is runnning, just no display when card is in. I tried with one stick of ram intead of all 4, I read a post on here that said that fixed his problem like this, but still no display, and only one beep.

Cirndle
12-10-2008, 01:34 PM
Hi,

I am a PC graduate barely, and a troller.

I will try and help you out.

One Beep during POST means that your computer POSTED successful.

If you graphics card is spinning I would guess it is working, but do you have any other computers around you could try components in?

If not, then trying checking, reconnecting your connectors and cables to everything, and just go with bare mini on what you new, mobo, psu, cpu, one stick ram, internal vid if you can use it, or gpu, cpu cooler, hard drive, mouse keyboard, display.

Make certain your display works still and is hooked up correct, try on diferent monitor, or monitor on different computer.

Biggest testing suggestion:

Check you Wattage on your psu, and the volts and amperage on your rails.

Try swapping out your PSU, and check your mobo for I think it is an 8-ping for newer mobos.

Good Luck.