PDA

View Full Version : Reseller's Rating Overall Sticky?

Cirndle
11-14-2008, 03:25 PM
I was wondering if we could have a sticky for Resellers, your experience with them short and sweet, your country and state of origin, and the shipping times for your area with your order.

I will start, I would like to see Newegg, Tigerdirect, Mwave, Zipzoomfly, and amazon, and maybe sketchy ones like ewiz.

State: California
Reseller: Newegg - www.newegg.com
Shipping Times: 1-3 days for standard or free ground shipping.
Comments: The cheapest shipping is fast, usually 2 days, but sometimes 3 when a large item like monitor or tv, or comp case. Very good company, just keep your boxes if you need to return. They add tax to CA orders.

Reseller: Tigerdirect - www.tigerdirect.com
Shipping Times: 3-7 days
Comments: Good company, alot like newegg, no sales tax for CA, shipping is slower, but sometimes they are cheaper then the Newegg.

Reseller: Amazon - amazon.com
Shipping Times: 3-7 Free Super saving shipping 2day shipping for Amazon Prime
Comments: One of the best resellers, compare against the other two above. Every order virtually over 50 or 100 dollars get free Super Saver shipping. For a limited time, you can use Amazon Prime for 1 year as a trial, and get free 2 day shipping, just cancel at the end of your trial.

I recommend all 3, I think amazon eats restocking fees.

The Wise Monkey
11-14-2008, 05:44 PM
Pretty good idea, but a vast majority of people only use newegg, as it is the best for most items. You might want to include a link to their website as well to give people easy access.

Anyhoo. :)

Reseller: Ebuyer - www.ebuyer.com
Shipping Times: 1-3 days, usually free delivery
Comments: Good prices, fast and free delivery, highly recommended

Reseller: dabs - www.dabs.com
Shipping Times: Depends, mostly within 2-3 days but sometimes overnight
Comments: Quite cheap, has good deals

JeffAHayes19
06-14-2009, 12:52 AM
I've gotten a few really good deals on RAM and flash drives and SD cards from ZipZoomFly, and got my last video card prior to my new build and another item or two in the past from Tiger Direct, and they're both easy to deal with (ZipZoomFly seems to have the speediest FREE shipping, most of the time, but not always). I almost NEVER pay for shipping if I can avoid it, and when I do, I generally pay for the least expensive shipping choice.

I can usually wait.
Jeff

I neglected to mention (probably because I assume most folks who are currently browsing can and have seen my post), but my current -- and biggest order in a long time is from NewEgg -- a total of $1,855 between two orders for all the parts for a Core i7 build with a couple of superfast hard drives... Total shipping 3-day shipping charges came to about $45, with about $33 of that on the case, alone. Several things I bought, I was more tempted to buy when and what I did because free shipping came with them.

In 2000, when I upgraded a 1996-ish Power Mac (spending WAY too much -- like $4,000) I ordered almost all of it from MacConnection, and I THINK in those days all the shipping was FREE. They're the same company as PC Connection, but I don't even LOOK at PC Connection for deals any more, lol.
Jeff

cr6564
07-07-2009, 05:44 PM
Reseller: Circuit City - www.circuitcity.com
Shipping Times: 14 hours -theyre fast for me :)
Comments: Expensive, has best return policy