PDA

View Full Version : Which is better HL or HL2?

erik
04-27-2007, 04:37 AM
Note that I hardly ever visit gaming sites/forums so I don't know what must have already been a "settled" matter. And so I ask here.

Also, I'd like to think those that vote would've played the original HL first, instead of those (quite a few, I imagine) that played HL2 before they played the original. I think this kind of makes sense and makes for a better poll (correct me if I'm wrong).

xeroatticus
06-20-2007, 06:51 PM
If by HL you meen Halo, I prefer Halo 1. If you mean something else, well I don't know then.

The Wise Monkey
06-27-2007, 08:11 AM
I think they meant HalfLife, in which case I think Half Life 2 is better.

Rob
06-27-2007, 11:32 AM
I'm assuming you're talking about Half-Life and Half-Life 2.

For their genre and for their day, both of these games are as good as they get. The extraordinary thing about Half-Life is that both the original and the sequel took these types of games to the next level. Compare that to the latest sequels for Unreal and Doom, which are good but for the most part just take advantage of the better graphics.

Whereas Half-Life 2 also include more story line, ragdoll physics, the gravity gun, the water skeeter cycle, the giant spider walkers, and so on. It was a series of eight or so chapters/scenarios, each one of which was unique and advanced in its own right. Truly remarkable.

Persimmons
06-28-2007, 04:59 PM
Half Life is a phenomenal game. Simply incredible. I haven't played HL2 though.