PDA

View Full Version : Much thanks guys! SFF Build

tibug
10-08-2008, 09:58 AM
Ok, so I just recently built my first computer, and I'm 100% sure that I couldn't have done it without this site. The tips and instructions are INSANELY complete and easy to follow.

Tim
Connecticut
Finished build about a month ago
Operating system used: Tri-boot Vista 64bit, XP X86, Ubuntu 8.04 64bit
Motherboard: ASrock G43Twins-FullHD mATX board (came with DVI card, sweet)
Processor: Intel e8500 3.16ghz
Video card: Integrated X4500 something or other...gives me a 4.0 in Vista Experience...good enough for me
RAM: Mushkin 1066 DDR2 4GB
HDD: Seagate 7200rpm 250GB & WD 7200rpm 640GB
Optical drives: Sata Pioneer DVD +/- RW with no name CD +/-
Monitor: Acer P223W 22"
Speakers: Logitech X-540
Wireless USB adapter: Zonet Ralink
Case: Apevia Qpack2 black/silver...upgraded case fans to Thermaltake variable speed fans.

Everything went together nicely, and I've been stable for about a month now...I'll try to take some pictures or even a short video if you guys want me to. I will upgrade to a dedicated GPU in the future, but for now, this is beautiful for me!...yummy. Temps are sitting at between 30-35 C for the CPU with chassis fans on low and MIGHT hit a high of 45 full load....I used AS5 with the stock intel cooler...no OC for me. This computer is perfect for my video editing, word processing, web surfing, and occasional game...I would like to give a shout out to ASrock as well...I took a risk with this mobo, but I am VERY pleased with how it turned out...Price to performance ratio is insane.
Thanks again guys,
Another happy graduate.

Rob
10-08-2008, 04:49 PM
Congratulations on building your own computer! Thanks for the good words.

The Wise Monkey
10-08-2008, 05:24 PM
Congrats. :)