PDA

View Full Version : Video Card

2lakes
09-20-2008, 01:59 PM
I plan to follow Rob's specs closely (ASUS M2N32-SLI Wireless Edition) unless someone has a real good reason to go with the P5Q Pro. With that said, this is my first build and I do have a great deal to learn.

I will not be gaming with this computer at all but I would like to have two monitors going at the same time. I have been considering the Gforce 8600 GT as a video card and I know it has a Dual DVI-I connection but what I don't know for sure is if the Dual DVI-I connection will handle both of my planned monitors or not? Do I NEED two video cards for my two monitors?

Thanks in advance,

2Lakes

blazer
09-20-2008, 02:17 PM
i have that card in one of my pc's and it handles 2 monitors just fine.

2lakes
09-20-2008, 04:51 PM
Thanks Blazer, I will go with it!

2Lakes

Damlite
09-21-2008, 07:26 PM
Most cards on the market these days come with dual link DVI. What you'll need to worry about is your monitor connector types (which may not always be DVI). If it connects via the older VGA, or the newer HDMI, you may consider wanting to purchase additional VGA/HDMI to DVI adapters (and vice versa). Most graphics cards come with at least one of these adapters as courtesy, you'll have to look at the contents to specifically find out which adapters your one specifically comes with, and whether you need it or not.