PDA

View Full Version : P5KC Recording problems

boftin
09-16-2008, 07:25 PM
I've just assembled a new system and have been having a number of problems surface including DVD drive failure (which seems to come and go) and now a problem with my mic input. It doesn't pick up anything when I plug in the cable. I've tried to install the new drivers etc. but nothing seems to help. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Here's the stats:
Vista Home Premium
Asus P5KC mobo
2gigs DDR3 Ram
Intel Core 2 Quad 6600 cpu
Asus 8600gt Extreme graphics

Barrister73
09-16-2008, 08:49 PM
If the mic never worked, then I might be able to help. I had the same problem with my mic on the P5KC. Make sure that you have the correct type of sound wire connected to the MoBo (lower left of the board if the CPU is towards the top). The MoBo is set up to perform digitally. If you do not have digital sound hooked up, you need to reassign some of the wires. I believe that the manual which came with the MoBo tells you how to do this.

My case (Antec 900) came with both wires. It was a simple matter of making sure the digital one was hooked up.

If it is a new problem, then you might want to go into BIOS and check if your settings have changed (maybe a program you downloaded altered your settings). The experts might have a better answer.

MRR