PDA

View Full Version : Mobo and processor

Schnapi
09-04-2008, 11:44 AM
hey guys, so I bought a http://www.compusa.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3720517&CatId=3646 DX48BT2 mobo and a q6600 processor now when I put in the processor it does not fit, I cant close the doors for the processor, yet it's suppose to support it, what am I doing wrong...

I mean I'd have to push a bit on the doors to close

and I mean both are 775 sockets

RickyTick
09-04-2008, 12:13 PM
The processor will only go it one way. There's a small notch on one corner. Make sure its lined up right.

Schnapi
09-04-2008, 12:27 PM
it is >_<, will check again lol

it goes in but not fully, it doesnt close for like a milimeter

the hook with which you close the door aint going down as easy as if tehre was no processor

Schnapi
09-04-2008, 12:35 PM
ok I guess it should be that way :P anyway now when I boot the comp with no cd I get a media test failure I check the HD, it is connected with the power and data cable as it should, anything else I should check? does that error happens cuz I dont have the vista CD in yet? I get it tommorow :P I didnt do anything in bios yet >_<

and I hear no beep when computer starts, mabe the cable aint put in right?

Damlite
09-04-2008, 05:51 PM
The processor socket is firm, you have to push it down harder than it looks and lock it in. If it starts making weird cracking sounds, don't worry, it's the motherboard getting fussy.

The Wise Monkey
09-05-2008, 05:11 AM
You will get that message because you have nothing to boot from yet - the HD should be empty, and there is no CD present.

Just change the BIOS to boot from the CD drive first, and wait until you get the Vista DVD.

Schnapi
09-06-2008, 04:06 AM
ok thx lol I was expecting problems since I'm doing this my first time, was just worrying too much :P