PDA

View Full Version : I need help!!

bargawd@yahoo.com
08-28-2008, 04:07 AM
I just got an alienware with abit motherboard that supports agp video cards, what kind should I get?

Damlite
08-28-2008, 05:26 AM
Posting the specific motherboard model name and/or specs would help a great deal with the members of this forum to assist you in your inquiry.

AGP video cards are sort of outdated, a lot of the new video cards these days are in a PCI format, you'd probably be better off spending another $120 on a motherboard that has really good overheads and is much better performing, along with spending an additional ~$100 on a video card which will last you a LOT longer. Yes, spending $20-40 on an AGP card now is definately an attractive option as well, but you'll likely find yourself buying a brand new computer system in the next few years.

abscifi
09-29-2008, 12:05 AM
I think that you can still find some 6 series Nvidia graphics cards for pretty cheap. But if you want to stay current I agree that you should think about replacing the motherboard and getting a nice PCI-Express graphics card. I had an old Geforce 6600 that was AGP that is still running well and I have had for three of four years now.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3980696&CatId=1826