I have a:

Biostar M7VIT ver1.0 mobo
FX5200 graphic card
Creative Labs SB Live Value! soundcard
WD 40gb hd
DVD Rom
Floppy 3.5''

Question:

I had just flashed my bios to the most current version using the bios flasher. The bios flash went well I am guessing, since I could enter bios.

My question is this. I was reinstalling Windows XP Pro with a legitimate license key and when I get to the section of installing devices if pops up with a generic hardware message that says this device has not passed windows logo tesintg coninue or stop. I hit continue after about 6 devices have these like 3 times each, and then when you get to admin account creation and hit "Next" it will reboot and say restarting windows setup in 5 seconds and resume in installing devices and go through the same process again.

Please help first time this has ever happened to me.

The Wise Monkey
06-30-2008, 02:59 PM
Why did you flash the BIOS?

Cirndle
06-30-2008, 04:45 PM
To fix the hangups I would get when in windows after boot, and when clicking on stuff, only happens sometimes. Did I mention this was a gateway windows XP version 1.4 disc with gateway key on this computer.

The Wise Monkey
06-30-2008, 05:07 PM
Have you changed any hardware from the original setup? Because OEM versions of XP that come bundled with a pre-built system is designed just for that system, it only contains drivers for the original hardware.

Cirndle
07-01-2008, 11:10 AM
Update: This machine isn't a gateway. I got Xp to install.

It did have one or two errors. One it said in hardware adding devices that there was an error installing the system. And then Windows logo testing is driving me crazy. It will not recognize my USB external hard drive. It couldn't find a driver for ATAPI-6 USB Controller. Do you think I should still use this install, or redo it and use a aftermarket copy of windows? My xp cd is an iso burned, but it isn't reading right for some reason.