PDA

View Full Version : My build be scared RAWR!

Cirndle
06-11-2008, 12:41 PM
Case: Antec 900
PSU: Corsair 750TX 750W
Motherboard: ASUS P5k Pro
CPU: E840 C2D Wolfdale
RAM: G Skill 4GB 2gbX2 PC8500 1066 Dual Channel
Graphics card: MSI 8800 GT with the good dual slot silent cooler
Sound card: CL Sound Blaster Xtreme Gamer Xifi
Hard Drive(s): 500GB Seagate 32mb cache
Optical Drive(s): Lite On Combo drive
UPS: APC brand 40 bucks
Keyboard: G11
Flash Drive: Transcend 2gb 10 bucks
Thermal paste: Artic Silver 5
CPU Cooler: Zalman 9500 AT

I have a mouse already.

Monitor: Acer 22'' Widescreen
Speakers: None yet

Operating System: XP Pro for Now

THIS IS ALL WITH SHIPPING!

1578.22 USD from Newegg and Tiger

2. All products are coming from Newegg and Tigerdirect. Do you think that I wouldn't have problems with Amazon?

3. My budget is under 1600, but the cheaper I can get it the faster I can build it.

4. Suggestions, comments, other components.

Goal: My main goal is to have a rock solid system, and be able to do some overclocking of course if I wish to. Play games, homework, GAMES mostly. I am unsure if the mobo will work with the components, because I have read bad reviews on the P5kpro layout.

Let me know your thoughts. I want a computer I don't need to upgrade for a while, and the difference will be made through overclocking some, and also quality selection I hope.

What I do:
Burn CDs, download, surf net, program some, webpages, homework, Gunz the Duel, C&C series, Counter Strike, cypher hacking game, oblivion,
stuff like that really. Not too up on games, but want the chance to play newer games, but not like crysis.

The Wise Monkey
06-11-2008, 05:06 PM
What happened to your other thread? :/

Cirndle
06-11-2008, 06:27 PM
I think it is still there, but this is my first time back on this in forever, and of course technology had to change. I would of had a computer now, but due to unforseen hardships I don't, but I got an ancient system free from a friend, so it is almost ready to go had to buy an 2x or so agp card, and need to find a keyboard.

Oh ya, Wise Monkey you and Jamie should have your own thread just to talk so I can read and learn.

The Wise Monkey
06-12-2008, 05:52 AM
OK, am I going mad, or did you write another thread with the same topic and first post a few days ago? I could have sworn that Ricky posted in it too...

Anyhoo, you will need a 64-bit OS if you want to use all of that RAM, otherwise it is just going to waste. You may also want to have a look at the 9800GTX - excellent card, but might be slightly out of your price range. In addition, I would suggest going for the Abit IP35 Pro motherboard instead of the ASUS, as lots of people have had bad experiences with ASUS mobos recently.

Also, you don't really need a UPS unless you plan on using the PC as a critical server. :)

RickyTick
06-12-2008, 09:06 AM
So it wasn't just me. I thought it was deja vu or something.

Cirndle
06-12-2008, 11:27 AM
Oh that. Yea you are right wise monkey.

I think the server hosting this site went down for a second or something.

Where I am working from our server restarted so my post was gone from that I am guessing, but I was wondering where the hell Ricky post went. But I really don't know what happened, I was tripping out too.

Rob
06-12-2008, 12:22 PM
My site was transitioned to a new server recently. Probably anything that happened during the transition could have been lost.

RickyTick
06-12-2008, 04:19 PM
The MySuperPC Twighlight Zone.

Cirndle
06-13-2008, 06:33 PM
Changes with star by them

Case: Antec 900
PSU: Corsair 750TX 750W
Motherboard: DFI Lan party DK P35 ***
CPU: E840 C2D Wolfdale
RAM: G Skill 2GB 2gbX2 PC8500 1066 Dual Channel ****
Graphics card: MSI 8800 GT with the good dual slot silent cooler
Sound card: Too expensive at this time. ********
Hard Drive(s): 500GB Seagate 32mb cache
Optical Drive(s): Lite On Combo drive
UPS: Too expensive at this time **********
Keyboard: G11
Flash Drive: Transcend 2gb 10 bucks
Thermal paste: Artic Silver 5
CPU Cooler: Zalman 9500 AT or Artic Cooler Freezer Pro 7

I have a mouse already.

Monitor: Acer 22'' Widescreen
Speakers: Too expensive at this time.

Operating System: XP Pro for Now

THIS IS ALL WITH SHIPPING!

1381.24 USD from Newegg and Tiger With Zalman Cooler
-UPS, -Sound Card, -2gb GSkill Pc8500 1066 DDR2

1.I could get Cheaper if I go amazon who has ordered from them, and are they good? My brother ordered a zune with cables, and they only shipped the cables, and didn't even charge his card for the zune. So AMAZON YES OR NO!

2. For CPU Cooler Zalman 9500CNPS or Artic Cooler Pro 7, which is more quiet and better at stock and overclocking as far as temps?

3. Should I still get 4gb or will 2gb be enough with XP Pro and to overclock?

4. On the ram is DDR2 1066 PC8500 better then DDR2 PC6400 for the gskill is it better in overclocking and general, or not much difference. If I take the E8400 to 4ghz will the PC6400 2gb ram bottleneck me, and will the PC8500 be better? Or would 3gb work, but it is dual channel so I think 2gb is best.

Comment: UPS was to flash the bios on board if I needed to, because I don't want to brick it.

Let me know what you think, and suggestions. I heard this board is god in overclocking for P35 chipsets, and will all components fit okay?

Thanks alot fellas.

Dizz
06-14-2008, 04:41 PM
No problems with Amazon. But you will have to wait for Amazon to get into contact with the supplier of the part. Needless to say, my rush delivery of 1 day took 1 week for my heat pipes to come in. (After paying for one day delivery...and I ordered on a Monday)

I'd go all newegg if I could. Can't beat the customer service. (I've had parts over a month old that they would take back)