PDA

View Full Version : New Computer Build

DinkyDoink
05-24-2008, 07:44 AM
Well after a lot of frustration, actually I had a bad Harddrive, I kept getting error codes that had everything from bad memory, to no drivers. But, finally got it figured out. Took a while, I felt like throwing the dam thing through the window on many occasion, and I still have to install codecs for my DVD player, to get it to work, but that ain't so bad. I went with the M2N32-SLI deluxe wireless motherboard, Antec Sonata III case, 2 Gigs (2 sticks) unbuffered crucial memory, 750 GIG western digital HD, Sony DVD and CD player all in one, floppy drive and AMD 3 GIG processor, I used a regular cooling processor for the CPU, nothing fancy, in fact it came with the Processor. Installed the Artic Silver on CPU. So after all that, it finally works, and runs as smooth as a babys butt. I am not real impressed with the onboard sound card, later I will install a better sound card, but for regular Audio, it isn't bad. I still have to get use to the Monitor, I bought a 22 inch widescreen Dell LCD. Still have to get use to the settings, some old analog tapes played back look blurry, digital looks O.K. but Analog video seems a little choppy, especially stuff on YouTube, but I guess I'll get that figured out. Video card is the 8800 Ge-Force, no complaints. Well, I will have to say it is a nice computer, runs quiet. Not a Cheap'O. So, for those who want to take the splash, I say go for it, but beware, it isn't for the squeamish, it'll take some work and you will have some problems to overcome, but you'll have a nice PC. "1200 smackers" Go for it!

The Wise Monkey
05-24-2008, 08:07 AM
Congrats on your new build. :)

juniper1011
08-31-2008, 03:12 PM
My new computer is up and running .... Vista no less with a small home network... wireless modem/router/gateway. I pretty much followed all your specs... going with the smaller video card choice.... The best part is that I did it because I just wanted to know how to do it! I learned tons... Thanks...

The Wise Monkey
08-31-2008, 03:46 PM
Nice one. :)

Damlite
08-31-2008, 10:14 PM
Another happy ending :D

Khapheen
09-01-2008, 10:06 PM
Congratulations!