PDA

View Full Version : My New Build *How is it looking*?

true2paintball
05-14-2008, 04:48 PM
Hey everyone, I have finally taken the plunge and decided to build my first comp. It is going to be used primarily for gaming (I play graphics intensive games ie oblivion when it first came out and am interested in many of the other new ones) in addition to everyday more mundane functions (Firefox, Word, etc). After doing some research, the core components that I am looking at are as follows.

CPU: E8400
Board: EVGA 132-CK-NF78-A1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 780i SLI
Graphics: BFG Tech GeForce 8800GTX 768MB

One of the things that I am big on is longevity of a machine. I am not huge on constantly upgrading unless it is price effective (in the past 5 years my machine has gotten a new DVD burner and Video Card). This means that something that lasts is essential. That is why I have selected a single 8800 GTX and an SLI board because I figure in a year or so I can add a second card at a discounted price and be pretty set. The board can handle 8gb and I plan at starting at 4gb (2x2gb) and just adding the other two in the future. With the new motherboard technology coming out next year, I am a little concerned about how easy it would be to upgrade the CPU if necessary so input there would help as well. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

T2P

The Wise Monkey
05-14-2008, 05:34 PM
Check out the top-notch rig in my signature. :)