I recently decided to upgrade my comp. This is the gear that I got:

Intel Q9450
EP35C-DS3R Gigabyte Mobo
Corsair XMS2 2GB DDR2-1066 Ram
Corsair TX750W Power Supply
CoolerMaster CM690 Case
Zalman 9700 CPU Fan
BFG 8800GTX 768MB

I installed the cpu onto the board, the fan onto the CPU, GFX card, DVD drive, HD...........

I did all of that and finally hooked up the power supply cables and all of that, and I am getting NOTHING! No LEDs, no beeping, nothing.........

Someone give me some advice, I have no idea what else it could be. I already returned everything and got new CPU, mobo, ram, up'd the PS and I've still got nothing!

HELP

RickyTick
05-11-2008, 07:15 PM
This is the recommended ram for that motherboard. I don't see the XMS2 DDR2 1066 on the list. I don't know if this is the problem or not, but you should look into it.
http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/FileList/MemorySupport/motherboard_memory_ga-p35c-ds3r_2.1.pdf

shyster
05-12-2008, 11:09 AM
Well if possible pictures are always helpful, but if you cannot get them, then I would say just follow the directions on Robs site.

Basically take everything out of the computer dvd, HDD, etc. and then reinstall up to the first boot point. It is possible that you missed putting a cord in somewhere or did not put it in fully.

In case you are wondering first boot, as defined by Robs page is motherboard, CPU, RAM, and video card. Put all that in, make sure everything is both plugged in, and connected well, and see if you can get some video. Remember to turn on the PSU, and plug in the graphics card also.

Just a quick look on newegg leads me to suspect that this motherboard does not have an onboard led, to signal that it is being supplied power, is that correct?

Other things to note, many boards nowadays do not seem to come with onbaord sound, so the beep code system does not work if your case does not have beep code sound on it. I do not know either way if that is true for that case or motherboard, but I thought I would let you know incase that is how it is.

Also to follow up what Ricky said, if the RAM is not supported, it could not work at all in that motherboard, and if like I mentioned you have no beep code, it would be hard to diagnose it as that.