PDA

View Full Version : Much easier then I thought

Col.bigdog
05-07-2008, 02:28 PM
Well.........I guess I did it! Didn't have the first problem, Just took my time and followed instructions. This was my first build too!

Awesome PC compared to what I am use too. Thanks everyone for being here........this site was a source of comfort even though I didn't run into any problems.

Case- Antec sonata lll

Processor- AMD Athlon 64 X 2 6000 + AM2 with fan. I will get the Zalman CNPS 9500 fan

Mobo- ASUS M2N32 SLI Deluxe I like the ability to be able to upgrade.

Ram- Crucial Ballistic 1024MB PC2 8500 DDR2

Video card- eVGA Geforce 8800 GTS 320 MB DDR3

Sound card- I will use the onboard sound intergrated in the Mobo, I already have speakers, and headphones

Hard Drive- I already have a Seagate Ultra ATA/100 80gig Interal drive I can use

CD-RW and DVD-RW. - Maybe the sony DRU840A Not decided yet

Modem- I have a US robotics V92 internal 5610A I can use till I get DSL

Keyboard and mouse- Probably go with the logitech cordless LX710

Monitor- I already have a Acer P191w LCD

OS- I will go with Windows XP home edition upgrade

RickyTick
05-07-2008, 02:45 PM
That's great news. Glad it all worked out.

Have you fired up that Flight Simulator yet?

Col.bigdog
05-07-2008, 04:03 PM
That's great news. Glad it all worked out.

Have you fired up that Flight Simulator yet?

Hi RickyTick:

Not yet........Still loading updates, Activating XP, etc........and that is time comsuming for me , still on a dail up for now.

I also have a old Microsoft Joystick ( sidewinder ) that I like to use to fly the sims I can't hook up yet. I like this stick very much and would like to keep it although it is out dated. I need to find a adapter that would take MIDI to a USB port. Things in the electronic world become obsolete fast don't they........lol. I get it up and running though! Anyways......Thanks again.