PDA

View Full Version : A busy photographrer Computer

HQIS
04-10-2007, 02:11 PM
Hi to everyone, this is my first time in this forum,
I work printing big photographies for professional photographers, (Digital Photography), recently I realice that most of my customers do not have a real powerfull computer to handle the load of work a Digital photographer, so I decide to start building it for them, My question is: The computer I would need to work with and handle the big amount of megabites generated by the digital photography work, have the same caracteristic of a gamer computer?

Rob
04-10-2007, 10:09 PM
I think you can go without an add-on sound card, and a little lighter on the video card. Something like a GeForce 7600 GS might be about right. And you probably want to go high on the disk drive capacity, like 500GB.

HQIS
04-11-2007, 12:56 PM
[QUOTE=Rob;520]I think you can go without an add-on sound card...
What about Motherboard and Processor?, any of the one listed would be enough or more than enough?

Rob
04-11-2007, 05:57 PM
The MSI K9N SLI Platinum would be plenty sufficient. For processor, you want something beefy, but can probably stick with the less expensive choice, like the 4200+ instead of the 5200+.

HQIS
04-12-2007, 03:49 PM
Thank you Rob, you have been very helpfull, Do you have any experience with Photoshop? I mean, Photoshop is suppose to use up to 2gig of ram even if the comp... have more than that, but the new PS CS3, will use more than that (about 3Gig), So, it would make any sense or will it gain enough power or speed that will be worth it to add up 2gig more, or should I keep it as an extra option?

Rob
04-13-2007, 05:31 AM
I'm glad I can help out. Sorry, but I don't know about RAM with Photoshop.

justplainken
05-12-2007, 09:38 PM
I have some experience with photoshop, and am looking at CS3 now as well. I'm going to build my pc with room to expand well over 3 gb of RAM, just in case. It's better safe than sorry. You can always buy some more RAM later if you get a motherboard that can handle it. It's amazing how quickly Adobe's new applications use up RAM. They are incredible, though!

Joelmuz
05-24-2007, 07:08 PM
See "I am a Super PC Graduate" for the system I built for Digital Photo work. I am now running Adobe Lightroom and CS2 with 2 x 1GB of RAM. There are 2 empty slots for more RAM. I am just getting ready to start organizing my 40,000 .jpg photos using Lightroom. I don't expect to use CS2 that much anymore.

jindogae
07-21-2007, 10:18 PM
Hi, I'm in the process of pricing before building a highend PC for digital photography and video processing. I'm a photojourno currently living in South Korea and am looking to build for current and FUTURE capabilitiy/expandability.

The proposed system can be seen here: http://forums.mysuperpc.com/showthread.php?t=362

With regard storage, I suggest you take a look at this site/demo from Data Robotics. I've already made contact with them and am in the process of trying get one sent to Korea. At present they have no South Korean distributor. The Only downside to the product is it uses a USB connection. It would be much nicer if they had SATA/SATAII or firewire connections - Maybe in a future product it might come. Anyway, check out the DROBO demo here: http://www.drobo.com/products_demo.aspx

Good Luck.:cool: