PDA

View Full Version : Mouse hunting

Mikeystien
04-30-2008, 02:08 PM
Good day everyone. I love this place! It has definately inspired me.

I am working on a general system with hopes of upgrading as I can in the future. My main goal is a good stable computer that I can use for gaming when the kiddies are in bed and double as a family coputer when I'm at work. I am having trouble picking a mouse. (Sounds silly after picking everything else I know.) I'm looking for one that is decient for gaming, but normal enough that my wife won't freak out when she tried to check her email. Also, it needs to have a cord. With my littles, if the mouse wasn't tied to the computer there's no telling where it might end up. (I can see my son asking Mommy why his new boat won't float.) Does anyone have any suggestions? :)

The Wise Monkey
04-30-2008, 04:13 PM
Check out the Logitech MX310:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104136

Good price, good quality, and has received lots of positive feedback.

I personally use a Razer Deathadder, but I'm not sure if your wife would appreciate all the glowing lights. I'm sure your kids would though. :)

RickyTick
04-30-2008, 04:34 PM
I use the Logitech MX518 and like it very much.

Mikeystien
05-29-2008, 11:53 AM
Thanks for the advice guys. I got a DeathAdder and I love it. You were correct about my son loving the lights. It works great! While I was looking, I also saw a Logitech MX310 really cheap on EBAY (like $6 including shipping), so I got it to replace the ball mouse on my current computer. I must say I am tickled with how well it works. Both of these mice are execellent! The DeathAdder is a little more my style and I love all the options you have with it. Now if I could only get my company to upgrade the equipment at work. It's no fun to drive a Porsche at home and go to work and drive a Pinto.

Thank again for sharing your wisdom.