PDA

View Full Version : great site; pity about the book

johnfrance
04-30-2008, 09:19 AM
Rob, Thanks for a great site. I'm working up the courage to build my first computer and its good to see others having the same nerves!! I ordered your book from Lulu.com but I've been seriously disappointed in their service. They dispatched the order on 12th March and by the 20th April it still wasn't here. French customs say they would never hold up printed material (and that they hadn't !). Having been in contact with Lulu on the18th and the 23rd when they said they would respond within 2 days, I finally contacted them again today only to be told they could reorder but could give no delivery date other than their standard 15-20 days. There seemed a complete lack of urgency on their part. I'm afraid I've cancelled the order and will just have to work from the website, which is a shame. I could have copied it out longhand, let alone printed it, in the time I've spent waiting.

I'm sorry to whinge and sound off at you, but you need to know that their level of service has just cost you a sale!! Best wishes and I'll still be using your plans John