PDA

View Full Version : Very very annoyed with new ROUTER!!!!!

Jamie Nixx
04-29-2008, 09:05 AM
I have a Siemens Router endorced by Tiscali.

It was installed about a week ago with my new set top box.

Engineer leaves and then on both computers an error message pops up saying ''ip address conflict with another system on the network'' excuse me?

Not only this but the internet times out every ten minutes or so and my internet speed has vastly decreased.

I am on 8MB broadband, and after a visit to speedtest.net today i found out my down speed is only 0.5 MB :eek: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I have tried plugging in only one computer, still the same, i have tried a new router, doesn't work as Tiscali have locked the internet to their one.

The Router has virtually nil configuation properties, i can't even change the type of IP address.

I can't watch any videos as they won't buffer.

Networking is not my thing as most of you know, i hate it with several vengeances, so if anyone (WM will know who Tiscali are) can shed some light on this problem i would greatly appreciate it before i kill someone.

The Wise Monkey
04-29-2008, 10:42 AM
I've been with Tiscali for several years now, and have never had any problems. Maybe because I bought an expensive Belkin Wireless Router instead of using a provided one. :)

One thing I would suggest is to try setting the IP addresses manually - they should be automatically set by the router using DHCP, so you can use this information to set the default gateway, dns server etc. Just have a look at your network connection status, and you should be able to find this information.

I can understand your pain - I have had loads of issues with my Sky router/connection. Unfortunately, the best advice I can give is to give Tiscali a call and ask for their advice.

How can Tiscali have locked the internet to their own router? Try using the other router, but using these settings:

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/help/broadband/router_settings.html

Jamie Nixx
04-29-2008, 11:00 AM
I have Tiscali TV, its like Virgin Media accept they don't get Samuel L Jackson and Uma Thurman to do their adverts :rolleyes:

The Set top box does not work without the router and the set top box only works with the Tiscali router.

I have rang customer support and they said 7th may for an engineer to come round with a Thompson Speedtouch router.

According to Digital Spy forums, some other Tiscali TV members also have the same problem with this particular router and even Tiscali engineers have admitted its a load of crap.

The Wise Monkey
04-29-2008, 03:14 PM
LOL

Seems like I made the right choice by having Sky... :D