PDA

View Full Version : I'm in love... but is this chassis practical?

aliasjanedoe
04-27-2008, 05:27 AM
So I saw the Allure and fell in love. http://www.in-win.com.tw/allure/allure.html

I know it's completely and insanely girly, but I'm a girl and I'm sick of glowing lights keeping me awake at night when I leave my computer on. Yes, glowing fans are sexy and all when you're not trying to sleep in the same room with them, but the Allure is just so darn cute.

Anyway, it has no intake fan, and the rear exhaust fan is apparently loud and I'd probably want to switch it out, but mainly I'm wondering if a MicroATX motherboard (which I'll admit to knowing pretty much nothing about) will be able to handle my needs. I'm looking to build this computer mainly for video editing, and also retouching on huge, many layered Photoshop files.

So any advice, suggestions, a smack upside the head for being such a chick??

The Wise Monkey
04-27-2008, 06:45 AM
To be honest, cases are totally a personal choice. If you really like it, and will enjoy it every day, then you will put up with any minor annoyances. I had the same experience with my case:

http://thermaltakeusa.com/product/Chassis/midtower/tsunami/bwa/+bwa_image/enlargedViewWindow.jpg

One look and I was sold - I built my computer 2 years ago, and I still think it is awesome.

As for the Micro ATX question, then there won't be a huge difference in perfomance. If you are going to be playing games on it, then you might have some difficulty fitting some of the more powerful graphics cards in. I recommend that you check out the dimensions of any components, and have a pretty good idea of the layout before you buy them.

So I say go for it - you won't regret it. :)

MinGraphics
04-27-2008, 05:26 PM
As one chick to the next the case was purple and sparkling...does it get any better than that! Does it only have one fan, that was all I could see. What are you planing to get for your CPU? Just make sure you can keep it cool enough. I love my blue lights although red ones would have been better.
And I was wondering why do you leave your computer on all night? I know someone who never turns her computer off, but we have 5 now and will be building another one in May and if my family left them all on I would see that in my electric bill.

aliasjanedoe
04-27-2008, 07:11 PM
Yep, just the one fan, no intake fan. Which is my main worry. Anybody know of a fan I could stick in the external 3.5 drive bays or something clever like that?

Right now, I'm leaning toward the Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 processor.

And I leave it on when I'm converting or rendering video or 3D stuff, copying files, backing up, downloading something large, and so on. But even in standby, the light stays on.