PDA

View Full Version : Two Monitors? :confused:

Wh4t$ A C0mPut3R ?!
04-17-2008, 06:38 PM
Hey, this is my first p[ost here at MySuperPC. I joined this forum with two main goals in mind:

-Get my current computer running with two monitors
-Eventually build my own PC

Since I am 13 and have nowhere near the funds sufficient to build my own PC, that goal is currently on the back burner...

I had talked to my tech-savvy uncle on vacation a couple weeks ago, and he told me that I needed to buy a video card that could handle two monitors.

Looking at the back of my computer, however, I see two monitor plugs.

So, this could mean one of three things:

-My uncle is wrong, and my computer can handle it as-is
-It will work with two monitors but be rediculously slow without the video card
-The video card is mandatory.

Could someone please let me know what I need to do to get two monitors working?

The model name thingy on the front of my PC says Dimension 4700, if anyone needs anymore specs, let me know.

I'm calling up Dell right now to ask their opinion...

Thanks for looking, I appreciate your time!

RickyTick
04-17-2008, 09:23 PM
Here's some help on setting up dual monitors.
http://www.pcworld.com/video/id,367-page,1-bid,4/video.html

The 4700 should have pci express video card. Depending on which card you have, its very possible to run dual monitors. Be careful with the 4700 series, its known for overheating issues. It also comes with only a 305 watt power supply, so you are limited on video cards it can support.

I think in another thread you asked about video cards. I suggested the 8600GT, but that won't work in a Dimension 4700.

After further review, I need to correct myself. The 8600GT has been confirmed to work in the Dimension 4700 per the Dell Community Forums.