PDA

View Full Version : First boot problems

rogband
04-16-2008, 10:20 PM
I have Asus M2N-MX SE PLus motherboard, Kingston Hyper KHX8500D2/1G two of them, XION II case that has 450 watt power supply. Athlon 64 4200+
The CPU fan works as well as power supply fan, but no beeps and no monitor?
I've tried reseating ram, took out CPU and put back in, took motherboard out of case and tried it that way to check for ground nothing, I'm using onboard video. Also the power on light conection is 3 pin not the two on board? I'd live without the light if it would bootup.:confused:
Any help sugestions? Bit frustrated because I see there is no return or replacement on the ram at newegg and and the rest has a 30 day but the longer I take trying to figure this out the less time I may have to exchanhe it.

rafeik
04-20-2008, 05:59 PM
I just finished rebuilding my dated ABS3500 PC. Had similar problems with no BIOS set up screen at first boot. Tried all of the suggestions twice. Decided I'd try using only one 2G memory module to boot instead of the two that were part of the "kit." First time I insterted one module, I got complete first boot BIOS set up screen. Powered down, replaced the module with the "twin" and powered up again. Nothing. No beep, no set up screen, just whirring fans. Replaced module again, and everything is working fine. Completed the install in no time at all afterward. Short story, check to see if the memory modules are OK. I wouldn't have expected this until I stumbled upon the "solution" by chance.

Lerxt
04-21-2008, 08:33 AM
Glad you figured out the bad memory - It's so hard to go through an entire set-up and then kill yourself trying to figure out what is wrong. Memory troubleshooting can really suck if you have to swap through multiple modules.