PDA

View Full Version : how to attach mobo to case?

pb126
04-12-2008, 05:57 PM
Very primitive questions here. I have a P5kc and an Antec 900

1) Antec seems to have included only 8 screw for 9 standoffs. Is it a big deal to only attach 8 posts? Also there are these 8 red plastic rounds with holes. Do these go somewhere in the attachment of the mobo to the case?

2) the I/O panel has all these little metal tabs all over the place. These are supposed to be pressing against the front of the IO connectors as opposed to being twisted in some unnatural shape, right? (aside from the tabs that slip over the USB connectors)

Thanks!:)

Rob
04-13-2008, 07:23 AM
Yes, it should be fine to use only 8 mounting screws for the motherboard instead of 9. I'm not sure about the 8 red plastic rounds - could they be something that goes between the standoff and the motherboard? This could be a precautionary piece to ensure the motherboard does not short through the mounting post.

On the I/O panel, are you referring to little metal tabs around each connector hole? For those, I just bend them back to get them out of the way so the connector can insert cleanly through the hole.

pb126
04-13-2008, 08:31 AM
I looked on the web, found a photo, and it seems that most of the little metal tabs press against the the metal connector housings that surround each connector, and its purpose seems to be proper grounding of the connectors.