PDA

View Full Version : Two broken motherboards

Romas
04-08-2008, 11:09 AM
Hello,

Recently I bought parts for two PCs. When I put them together, neither computer was working(all fans working, no beep, blank monitor screens). So after few days putting parts together and combining I lost all hope and gave computers for diagnostics. Now I got a call from them and they told me the problem is that both motherboards and processors are not working and the reason is that no medium was used between motherboard and case(motherboard contacts touched the case), so everything became unusable.
I certainly not a pro in building PCs but I changed a few motherboards for my old computers and don't remember putting anything between motherboard and case.

My question is: how do I prevent that from happening again? I am going to consult with repairer but maybe you have an opinion and maybe this thing wasn't entirely my fault :) and has something to do with that which I failed to mention that computers were extremely cheap(Intel Celeron 1.6, Asrock ConRoe1333-D667 R3.0).

Thank you.

The Wise Monkey
04-08-2008, 12:01 PM
It could happen, I guess, but I doubt it somehow. More likely that both came from the same batch of motherboards, and you were just really unlucky... XD

You can try buying an anti-static wrist strap to ground yourself when you are changing components.