PDA

View Full Version : I think my new subwoofer died

MinGraphics
04-07-2008, 09:32 PM
I noticed today that my subwoofer is not working. All the speakers are working and it has power. The remote has a test button and when you push it a pink noise as they call it will come from each speaker and the woofer. I just tried it and no noise comes from the woofer at all. I tried playing with the software that came with the MB P5KC and that is even more messed up, it has only 2 of the 5 speakers working when you hit the test button, but if I play music all 5 speakers work but no subwoofer.

It seems strange it was working fine and than nothing, all the wires for the 5 speakers come from it and the control pad that sits on your desk works and is getting power so I know the woofer has power. Could it be something simple or am I going to spend a fortune to send it back?

The Wise Monkey
04-08-2008, 12:10 PM
This may seem like a strange question, but is the subwoofer plugged in? I have a 5.1 surround system, and there are 3 leads that need to be connected to the computer: 1 for the front speakers, 1 for the rear speakers and 1 for the subwoofer itself. Is everything connected up properly?

MinGraphics
04-12-2008, 07:05 AM
Yes it was working fine for a week than went dead. I called tiger direct and they said they would send me a new one if I returned the set, but I did not want to package the whole system so they told me to call Logiatech. I had to send Logitech the digital control panel that sits on your desk top and they will send me a new control and woofer. The tech walked me through a few steps first but also said the woofer was dead, he told me they don't get many of these sets that go bad. I was told the whole thing will take about 2 weeks before I get my woofer back.

The Wise Monkey
04-12-2008, 01:56 PM
That sucks, but at least you now know that it is broken. Good of Logitech support to talk you through it as well. :)

MinGraphics
05-05-2008, 06:53 PM
I just received my new speakers from Logitech can't believe it took almost a month. They we're very nice about the whole thing and they sent me the whole set again so now I have 5 extra speakers and all the wires so if I ever need replacement parts I'm all set. Way to go Logitech!

The Wise Monkey
05-05-2008, 07:05 PM
Wow, that is great customer support. I wish every other company offered the same standard. :D