PDA

View Full Version : Greetings

Dan
02-04-2007, 11:54 AM
Hello Rob. My name is Dan and I want to learn how to build my first computer. I believe this might be the place to be. My needs are simple and I'm finding that this 10yr old unit that I'm using is not cutting it anymore. :rolleyes: (Compaq presario 5220 w/win 98). For some reason I dont feel that I will be getting my moneys worth just buying a packaged unit from the Best buys/dells.......I dont know? I like the idea of being able to up grade as time goes by with out scrapping the whole unit. Something I feel is necessary with this old dog. But anyway, I want to thank you Rob for providing a forum for guys like me to understand and learn. I will be lurking to gleen any info from those of you that know.
Dan

Rob
02-04-2007, 05:09 PM
Hi, Dan, and welcome. It's my pleasure.

gulrezgaur
02-12-2007, 08:19 PM
Hi Rob..

I am going to build my PC soon..I found this site very effective...
I am still researching for all components..If i have some questions, can i pls email you..Thanks in advance
Alam

Rob
02-12-2007, 09:52 PM
Hi, Alam:

Feel free to ask my anything and I'll give it my best shot. I very much prefer communicating through the message board for two reasons. First, it allows everyone to benefit from the questions and answers, as well as join in with their own thoughts. Second, the My Super PC e-mail is spammed so heavily that it's difficult to use.

ja2007
04-05-2007, 05:53 PM
Hello Rob. My name is Dan and I want to learn how to build my first computer. I believe this might be the place to be. My needs are simple and I'm finding that this 10yr old unit that I'm using is not cutting it anymore. :rolleyes: (Compaq presario 5220 w/win 98). For some reason I dont feel that I will be getting my moneys worth just buying a packaged unit from the Best buys/dells.......I dont know? I like the idea of being able to up grade as time goes by with out scrapping the whole unit. Something I feel is necessary with this old dog. But anyway, I want to thank you Rob for providing a forum for guys like me to understand and learn. I will be lurking to gleen any info from those of you that know.
Dan

My situation is very similair to Dan's message. I have an older Dell with a pentium II which sounds a lot like the Compaq presario 5220 w/win 98. I'm very eager to try building my own system. My first question (of many!):
Can the Windows 98 operating system disk that came with my Dell be used as the first step when installing Windows XP Upgrade? Does it qualify? Or would I be better off purchasing the full version of Windows XP?