PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about this case?

Brandon005
03-27-2008, 01:19 AM
I'm not sure if this is the perfect place for this but it doesn't fall into case modding, what do you guys think about this case/psu http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8329864&st=computer+case&type=product&id=1175388730209 I've already purchased it and the case is great it is a screwless design with an 80mm and 120mm fan built in I'm just not sure about the power supply? it will be used for a nice desktop system w/ a midrange graphics card so do you think the power supply will hold up or should I go with a name brand like antec or thermaltake?

partyman97_3
03-27-2008, 05:22 AM
Could you give some more specifics about the rest of your system? Makes it easier to anaylyze that case if we know a little more about the rest of the hardware going in it. As far as power supplies go the corsair hx-520 is very popular around here. The modular connectors are very popular around here. I like newegg but I see that buy.com has it for about 90 dollars or so.

http://www.buy.com/prod/corsair-520w-sli-certified-modular-atx-power-supply/q/loc/101/203270716.html

RickyTick
03-27-2008, 08:08 AM
Cases are somewhat personal preference, so if you like the way it looks then that's fine.

My first thought went like this..."$20 for a case and a PSU!!, that must be junk!!" But I don't have any experience with this case, so maybe its not fair for me to pass judgement. To be honest, I've never heard of them before.

One of the reviewers made a good point about the USB ports being down at the bottom. If you're going to put the case on the floor, that could be a problem. But if the case is going to be up on your desk, then its not an issue.

shyster
03-27-2008, 10:45 AM
Yeah I have to agree with Ricky.

First thing I thought upon seeing that case is, it is plain. It is very similar to something you would get if you bought a dell, or hp, or one of those other mass produced computers.

My personal feeling is that part of the fun of building your own computer is "pimping it out" or rather making it aesthetically pleasing to your own personal preference.

Of course if you want a simiple case then that is the way to go, cheap and to the point.

As for the power supply it does not list any maker, that I saw anyways, so I do not know how good it is, or how long it will last. I figure you should get at least one year out of it as most people make sure their warrenties do not actually cover damage. They always make them run out just before things break.

Other than that though, as Partyman said if you tell us the specs you want in your computer; we could better tell you if what you have currently will be sufficient. However one thing to keep in mind, hoping that your power supply is not total crap, most systems (graphics cards) do not require more than 450-470 of power, so if your PSU can actually supply the promised 500 reliably then you should be able to stick pretty much anything in there.

As long as you do not try to run SLI at least.